Friday, October 10, 2008

A day in the life of Aeva...

is always a busy day. At least for her. While of course I'd be bored out of my brain if I spent the majority of the day on the floor trying to get that crawling thing worked out, Aeva is kept busy as she becomes coordinated and is now within weeks of her official first crawl. She's already quite good at scooting, pushing, and rolling around to get where she wants to go. And paper is her favorite thing. Wherever there's paper, there's Aeva:We are gearing up for the 16th Annual Baconfest tomorrow, and so I left to go shopping for my special Baconfest entree. As I was rushing off, I asked William to feed some pureed prunes and rice to Aeva. She's a tad messy, but if you're vigilant, it's not too terrible an affair....that is until William takes over. He's now fired from spoon feeding Aeva until further notice (i.e., until she gets good at it). Here's evidence of how out of hand it got:

To be fair, she is REALLY strong and it's impossible to keep her from grabbing the spoons and dumping food. I've used the trick of giving her a second spoon, but of course, she's always more interested in the new spoon coming at her. Add to this all her drool (William says this is mostly what soaked her sock), and you've got a nice mess.

After her bath and another bottle, Aeva was finally defeated and knocked down for the count:

0 comments: